If your favorite pair skate shoes have become worn, here is an easy DIY method that you can do to repair 'em yourself. Most skate shoes begin to show wear and tear when the sole starts to come off of the shoe. Another issue is when a tear has started on the panels of the shoe.
The best way to repair cracks, rips, tears, holes in your skate shoes is to cover it with an adhesive that is ideal for shoe repairs. (Shoe Goo works the best)
The best method to repair skate shoes with a hole or that has become torn:
1) Clean the shoes using Sherks, Jason Markk, or any shoe cleaners. You may use a mixture of detergent and water to clean it as well. (Completely remove any grease from your skate shoes or any dirt that may interfere with the adhesive)
2) Seal holes or torn area from the inside using a duct tape or something similar before applying the shoe goo to the outside.
3) Seal the hole or open seam with a bead of the adhesive.
4) Spread the adhesive (shoe goo). This may be hard if you're going to do it the first time because it is sticky. (A good trick to spread the shoe goo/glue around the surface of your shoe is to use an ice cube. The adhesive won’t stick to the ice and the glue will flow evenly where you need it.)
5) Once the glue is dry remove the piece of duct tape from the inside. Any excess material that needs to be removed can be cut off or removed with paint thinner.
How to repair skate shoes with shoe goo video: